From pencil, crayon, pastel, and oil paint-by-numbers as a child to charcoal, acrylics, and watercolor in adulthood, Adele has loved artistic expression her whole life. After retiring from a software engineering career, she joined the Brevard Watercolor Society (BWS) in 2001 and has been enjoying the group's camaraderie and teaching workshops ever since. She's an avid traveler and photographer and uses her own photographs as art reference material. The subjects of her paintings vary from flora & fauna, portraits, seascapes & landscapes, to still life, but the subject matter most dear to her heart is that of living things -- florals, animals, and people. Adele's paintings have been included in many juried exhibits and are represented in public and private collections.
I'm told my painting style is considered realistic and almost photographic, but my goal is to produce art that is more vibrant and dimensional than a photograph. I split my creative time between watercolor and quilt-making, an art with a strong connection to painting. Color, value, design, and composition are words common to both. One feature that these two wonderfully expressive arts have in common is the pure pleasure they bring to me, both when I'm doing them and when viewers feel moved by them.
Brevard Watercolor Society (BWS)
Florida Watercolor Society (FWS), Signature Member
Southern Watercolor Society (SW), Signature Member
National Watercolor Society (NWS)
RECENT AWARDS AND EXHIBITIONS
- 2012 AIRFLOAT SYSTEMS AWARD; SW Annual Exhibition
- 2011 3RD PLACE; BWS "Splash" Show
- 2010 MIWA REFUGE AWARD; Merritt Island Wildlife Show
- 2009 MERIT AWARD; Merritt Island Wildlife Show
- 2009 MERIT AWARD; BWS "Splash" Show
- 2007 BEST OF SHOW; Merritt Island Wildlife Show
- 2007 MERIT AWARD; BWS "Splash" Show
- 2011, 2010, 2008 Accepted into FWS Annual Exhibitions
- 2012, 2009, 2008 Accepted into SW Annual Exhibitions